About Digital Sunshine Coast
Welcome to Digital Sunshine Coast - a collaborative project hosted by Regional Development Australia Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Council, Noosa Council, Silicon Coast, and SCRIPT - in partnership with a large network of organisations and individuals:
We aim to connect people on the Sunshine Coast on the topic of innovation.
SCRIPT - Advance Queensland Regional Innovation funding was collectively matched by a number of Sunshine Coast organisations providing over $1 million over 3 years to develop innovation and entrepreneurial activities across the Sunshine Coast region: "Our vision is to fuel the culture of innovation on the Sunshine Coast; our purpose is to invest in innovative programs that make a difference to our community".
SILICON COAST is an online community that tries to mimic an innovative culture akin to Silicon Valley - a place of passion, innovation, creativity and collaboration: "Silicon Coast develops, supports, and stewards a vibrant ecosystem that maximises creativity, collaboration, sharing and innovation".
Digital Sunshine Coast Action Plan
The Digital Sunshine Coast Action Plan was launched on 3 June 2015. It aims to bring the majority of digital elements together, to help provide a focus,
articulate our aspirations, and get started on programs or initiatives to help achieve our goals.
The three priorities outlined in the Action Plan are:
- Digital infrastructure and investment
- Digital capacity, skills and adoption
- Digital culture, innovation and leadership.
Can you play a role in the actions listed in this document?
Following on from a successful consultation process in 2014 we are encouraged by the level of talent and commitment on the Sunshine Coast. We wish to continue to encourage collaborative opportunities and welcome involvement in all of the 15 actions listed. Contact us to get involved.
The Draft Action Plan for public consultation was launched on 29 August 2014 by the Sunshine Coast Mayor, alongside dignitaries from RDA Sunshine Coast, Queensland Government, University of the Sunshine Coast and private enterprise.
This project is a result of the Sunshine Coast Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033, developed collectively by all the major industry, government and business associations across the Sunshine Coast.
Origins of this project can also be found in the Australian Smart Communities Association initiative (formerly known as Broadband Today Sunshine Coast) and the Digital Futures Project. View the short video below on the background behind this project.
About this website
- This website is an ongoing project as one of the initiatives listed in the Digital Sunshine Coast Action Plan.
- Take a look around the site, learn about some of our region’s interesting people, businesses and projects in the STORIES section.
- Learn about broadband and WI-FI options and what's planned for our region, including business tools and ideas from our digital champions in the KNOWLEDGE section.
- You can keep up to date with NEWS and events or sign up to our latest CAUSE.
- If you would like to contribute to this project, please don’t hesitate to CONTACT US. Please refer to our Editorial Policy.