Apply for the Entrepreneur In The Region Role
The #SCRIPT (Sunshine Coast Regional Innovation Program Team) is seeking an Entrepreneur in the Region (EiR) - providing a flexible resource to significantly augment the SCRIPT Regional Innovation Coordinator (RIC) role and local innovation hubs.
#SCRIPT vision is to fuel the culture of innovation on the Sunshine Coast. #SCRIPT is a collaboration of local entrepreneurs, businesses, government stakeholders and community members dedicated to growing innovation and business capacity on the coast. To bring about these outcomes, activities and resources are aligned to the following key priority areas:
- Smart Cities
- Food and Agribusiness
- Health and Wellbeing
- Sustainability and Environment; and
- Creative Industries
The EiR provides trusted, confidential and timely enterprise / commercialisation advice to local innovators and high growth SME’s. The EIR must have relevant entrepreneurial experience and a strong network of business contacts, mentors and relevant resources. The EiR will be a proactive, self-starter that is goal-oriented with a tenacious work ethic. Client leads will be provided by #SCRIPT and their delegate (e.g. Innovation Hub Managers in Sippy Downs and Peregian) and the RIC.
Description of EiR required services:
- Provide expert business / commercialisation advice to local innovators and businesses (particularly focused on client companies with strong prospects to develop and scale);
- Proactively concierge and connect #SCRIPT clients with #SCRIPT partners and other relevant resources, programs, specialist service providers and other pathways to market;
- Provide access to contemporary lean startup and innovation skill-sets, templates and capacity building (including knowledge of fund-raising, hiring and getting to market fit);
- Proactively contributes to the innovation hubs and programs in the region (where there are strong prospects for EIR to add value);
- Promotes #SCRIPT funded programs, partners, opportunities and connections; and
- Provide a monthly report on outcomes delivered on behalf of #SCRIPT.
- Other related services as directed by the SCRIPT Chairperson or Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast CEO.
What #SCRIPT offers:
- Trail-blazing commercial opportunities and fast-paced, collaborative entrepreneurial region.
- A focus on driving innovation, in which your contribution can, and will, make a difference.
- Casual employment averaging 12 hours per week at a rate of $130.00 per hour plus superannuation (9.5%) plus vehicle allowance.
- Note EiR services during December and January are minimal.
Reporting / Supervisor:
The EIR resources are strategically aligned to #SCRIPT objectives and the EiR operationally reports to the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast CEO, Mark Paddenburg.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to:
- Submit a summary of your experience and qualifications (resume format);
- Submit a cover letter addressing the below selection criteria (1,000 words maximum) and you will need to demonstrate:
- Entrepreneurial experience, mindset and ability to scale companies;
- Business experience that has directly assisted innovators and entrepreneurs;
- A detailed understanding of lean startup methodology, business development, commercialisation, finance, capital raising and related issues;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; and
- Excellent client/stakeholder management and problem-solving skills.
- Applications should be addressed to Sandra King, My Human Resources Manager
- e:email@example.com SUBJECT LINE: #SCRIPT EIR APPLICATION
- Applications close midnight, 8 May 2019.
- Applicants are encouraged to read the #SCRIPT 2018 Annual Report: http://digitalsunshinecoast.com.au/news/script-annual-stakeholder-report...
SCRIPT is also seeking a new Regional Innovation Coordinator as Coby Sullivan is taking leave to have a baby. If you're interested in reading more about this role, see here: http://digitalsunshinecoast.com.au/apply-for-the-regional-innovation-coo...