EOI’s open for Startup Onramp program facilitators
The program gives new and aspiring founders the skills and guidance they need to launch a globally scalable tech startup.
#SCRIPT intends to deliver the program at a Sunshine Coast innovation hub venue with location(s) to be confirmed.
Advance Queensland is funding the roll-out of the Startup Onramp program to startup hubs across regional Queensland.
Companies are invited to submit expressions of interest for two facilitator contractors to deliver this program
Share your company’s passion for startups and entrepreneurship and help deliver this popular program proven to deliver results!
All the program content is prepared for the facilitators and they would only be required to commit about one day per week over 12 weeks, plus several days prior to commencement of the program for preparation and information session delivery as outlined below.
Over the 12 weeks, facilitators can expect to deliver about half the content shared with a co-facilitator with the other delivered half by guest presenters, plus a half-hour mentoring slot with each of the teams each week.
Keen for the gig?
Expressions Of Interest are now open, closing 5.00pm 5 Aug 2018. The contracting process will be collaborative and further information can be supplied during the short listing process, if your application is successful. If your company/organisation has been shortlisted we’ll be in touch soon for an interview with the #SCRIPT project team. Please refer to note key dates below.
The Program Facilitator’s role is to:
- run a feeder event leading up to the program
- Participate in facilitator briefing prior to commencement
- champion the program
- deliver the core content for two hours, one day per week
- coordinate with external presenters and mentors
- work with each of the participants to ensure progress on their startup during the program
- host a graduation pitch night.
The ideal Startup Onramp Program Facilitators will have the following attributes and experience:
- Experience working with multiple startups - either as a founder, early employee, investor, mentor, or program manager for a startup-focused program such as an incubator or accelerator
- Knowledge of startup best practice, including familiarity with the principles of lean startup and customer development
- Passion for helping startup founders to succeed
- Established networks in the local startup ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and ideally some experience in delivering educational content
Total remuneration will be approximately $5,000 to $10,000 to be negotiated when awarding the contract for the two facilitators.
Applicant companies or organisations are expected to have their own ABN and to invoice accordingly.
The program comprises 12 weekly workshops following a logical progression from idea validation to product development, customer acquisition, investment and growth.
The workshops are delivered by a locally appointed Program Facilitators and supported by a cohort of guest presenters, including entrepreneurs, investors and subject matter experts, who also assist with mentoring of the teams.
All materials required for delivery of the program are provided by Startup Onramp, including workshop slides, a detailed Facilitator's Guide, video resources and participant surveys.
The program culminates in a pitch night at the end of the program, at which all startups present.
It is expected that at the end of the program participants will have:
- defined their market offering
- validated their ideas with the market and experts
- improved their start-up skills and understanding of the startup landscape;
- developed a viable business model with revenue streams
- be able to pitch to gain co-founders, investors or enter an accelerator program
- readiness to access grants such as Ignite Ideas Fund offered by Advance Queensland and others
- feel confident to pitch in relevant competitions or to funders outside the region.
Graduation pitch event
The program ends a pitch night which all startups are to make a presentation, and an annual statewide pitch event at which selected startups will be invited to present at.
- 5.00pm 5 Aug - EOI's close
- WC 6 Aug - interviews and selections
- 13 to 14 Aug - face to face two day facilitator pre training Brisbane
- Sep - Course delivery dates to be negotiated with #SCRIPT, Startup Onramp and appointed facilitators
This program is proudly supported by #SCRIPT, the Sunshine Coast Regional Innovation Program
The Innovation Program aims to fuel the culture of innovation on the Sunshine Coast and invest in innovative programs that make a difference in the region. The Program comprises of 31 corporate partners and was one of the first States to secure significant Queensland Government funding toward innovation activity.
For more information about SCRIPT, please contact Regional Innovation Coordinator (RIC) Coby Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0400 646 906.
- April 2014 (7)
- May 2014 (7)
- June 2014 (11)
- July 2014 (5)
- August 2014 (6)
- September 2014 (9)
- October 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (5)
- December 2014 (6)
- January 2015 (6)
- February 2015 (5)
- March 2015 (8)
- April 2015 (4)
- May 2015 (6)
- June 2015 (5)
- July 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (6)
- November 2015 (4)
- December 2015 (3)
- January 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (3)
- May 2016 (5)
- June 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- January 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (3)
- May 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (1)
- July 2018 (4)
- August 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (2)
- October 2018 (3)
- November 2018 (1)
- August 2019 (1)