Five scholarships on offer for digital skills program
Digital literacy is the new financial literacy, according to ICT Woman of the Year Yvette Adams who is offering five scholarships to her successful Get Up To Speed program.
More than 650 people from around Australia and New Zealand have already completed the 12-week online program, but this is the first time scholarships have been offered to help people increase their digital skills.
“Whether you are a parent wanting to keep up with your children and their use of technology, a professional wanting to ensure your skills stay current and employable, you want to start an online business or are already running your own business, it is essential to have these skills, which is why we’re going to help out five lucky people with a scholarship into the program valued at $595 each,” Ms Adams said.
The scholarships will be allocated to one person in each category:
- Student – Must be currently studying at a tertiary institution and have a valid student ID.
- Baby Boomer – aged 50 years or over and can provide verification of their age with a suitable ID.
- PR/Marketing professional – Must work in the field of PR/Marketing/Communications and keen to up-skill in digital marketing to improve their employability / career prospects.
- Career changers – Can be a parent looking to return to the workforce or someone who is keen to change careers and looking for new skills.
- Business owner – Must own more than 50% of their business and be looking to obtain new skills to help them run their business more efficiently or profitably.
Applicants can enter online: http://thetrainingcollective.com.au/scholarship-2014
The deadline for entry is 5pm, Friday 25 July.
“No matter who you are, and where you live, life is different in the digital age, and if you don’t have digital skills you are at a serious disadvantage. We hope people will take this opportunity to improve their position,” Ms Adams said.
Information evenings about the scholarship opportunity and Get Up To Speed program will be on the following days. Free online webinars are also available for people outside the following regions:
Moreton Bay - Thursday 17 July - 5:30pm - 7:30pm BOOK HERE
Webinar (online) - Tuesday 22 July - 12:30 - 1:30PM BOOK HERE
Sunshine Coast - Tuesday 12 August - 5pm - 6:30pm BOOK HERE
Webinar (online) - Wednesday 13 August - 12:30 - 1:30PM BOOK HERE