Courses and programs
For information on current CoderDojo workshops please visit: http://sunshinecoast.coderdojo.com.au
Let Codecademy set you up for success with one of their free courses:
- HTML & CSS
- Make a Website
- Command Line
- Deploy a Website
- Watson API
Introduction to Coding Course (TAFE Queensland East Coast)
FutureLearn offers a diverse selection of free courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
- Begin Programming: Build Your First Mobile Game – Learn basic Java programming by developing a simple mobile game that you can run on your computer, Android phone, or tablet.
- Big Data: Mathematical Modelling – Learn how to apply selected mathematical modelling methods to analyse big data in this free online course.
- Building a Future with Robots: Explore the role of robots and autonomous systems in the factories, homes, hospitals, schools or cars of our near future.
- Creative Coding – Use computer programming as a creative discipline to generate sounds, images, animations and more, with this free online course.
- Digital Accessibility: Enabling Participation in the Information Society – With a better understanding of users’ needs, technologies can be developed to be accessible & provide a more inclusive environment.
- *NEW* Functional Programming in Erlang: Learn the theory of fucntional programming in Erlang, through practical exercises and suggested projects.
- Functional Programming in Haskell: Supercharge Your Coding – Get an introduction to Haskell, the increasingly popular functional programming language, with this University of Glasgow course.
- Learn to Code for Data Analysis – Software and data make the world go round. Learn programming, to analyse and visualise open data, with this free online course.
- *NEW *Secure Android App Development – Get an introduction to mobile app security and learn how to develop secure Android applications.
- Smart Cities – Explore the role of technology and data in cities, and learn how you can participate in the creation of smart cities.
- *NEW* Teaching Physical Computing with Raspberry Pi and Python – Create simple systems that respond to and control the physical world using Raspberry Pi and Python.
Learn more at: www.futurelearn.com