SCRIPT Milestones / R&D Lab Outcomes
#SCRIPT is a collaboration of local entrepreneurs, businesses, government stakeholders and community members dedicated to growing innovation and business capacity on the coast. Sunshine Coast has a strong innovation ecosystem and this funding allows for greater networking and enables more entrepreneurial activity, resulting in more jobs and a boosted economy.
Our vision is to fuel the culture of innovation on the Sunshine Coast
Our purpose is to invest in innovative programs that make a difference to our community.
In the past 9 months SCRIPT has:
- Coordinated a strong #TeamSunshineCoast presence at Myriad 2018 – the Brisbane innovation and technology festival, including direct financial support to 10 local startups to have a presence and pitch for investment.
- Funded six projects (including Startup Onramp, the Strive project and a new Health Accelerator program that have applied for and received financial support (from 12 project applications to date).
- Increased the number of partners in the SCRIPT program from 26 to 31 (and growing!).
- Supported and/or delivered events where 600+ people have benefited from speakers, workshops, connections and referrals.
- Commenced work in partnership with the University of the Sunshine Coast on a three year Regional Innovation Benchmark project to help track, monitor and progress regional innovation initiatives.
- Established the SCRIPT committee and support operations to deliver upon the objectives of the funding program, including liaison with Advance Queensland.
R&D Lab Outcomes
Thank you to those who attended one or more of our recent consultation sessions including the final forum on 28th of June where we discussed SCRIPT objectives and opportunities. Attendees were encouraged to tell us their ideas to shape future innovation programs and ensure remaining SCRIPT investment is spent in a way that best serves current business and industry needs. Themes discussed throughout that series of events included:
- The need for more frequent communications from SCRIPT, including knowing how to engage with SCRIPT and potentially access project funding. You will soon see more from us including updated web pages, video snippets via social media and more frequent email communications.
- Better collaboration in the ideation and design of projects that are seeking funding.
- Quarterly get togethers where we encourage you to bring ideas to the table and together as a community we can strengthen and road test ideas and aid progress towards being funded.
- Get ready to submit your ideas by 8th August with a two hour co-creation workshop scheduled for 5pm Thursday 23rd August. (More information on our website shortly).
- Better business support and ‘concierge services’ throughout the region to support the innovators and local businesses who are seeking ways to learn and connect and contribute to the ecosystem.
- We are finalising our FAQs and a welcome video and will work with partners to better connect innovators to programs and resources.